Back to Silas S. Brown's home page
ImapFix: a filter/fixer for IMAP mailboxesYou can leave this running on a server somewhere and connect to your IMAP account from different machines/devices. Processed messages are moved from the inbox to a folder called
inunless otherwise directed by your filters.
Selected features: (see program for a full list)
- Can use SpamProbe
- Converts non-ASCII headers and body to Unicode when possible, so you can connect with a device that can't handle other encodings
- Move very large message bodies into attachments, to work around display problems on some devices
- Create "thumbnails" of large images so they can be previewed on low-bandwidth connections
- Can use
winmail.datand add HTML or PDF versions of office documents, so you can view these on devices that don't otherwise support them
- Move mail between IMAP and local Maildirs
- Move old mail to compressed archives, saving attachments separately and merging duplicates; archives can be searched along with current mail
- Periodically check additional IMAP accounts and process their mail as if it had been sent to the first
- Rewrite delivery failure reports, adding the failed address to the Subject when possible
- Rewrite the "importance" flag according to your own rules
- Manage folders named after dates, for postponing messages and notes to a specific future date
- Can add arbitrary Python code to the rules, and/or run extra code on messages that were SSL-authenticated as from yourself (for email-based remote control)
You might also be interested in WebCheck.
All material © Silas S. Brown unless otherwise stated.
Apache is a registered trademark of The Apache Software Foundation.
Python is a trademark of the Python Software Foundation.
Unicode is a registered trademark of Unicode, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
Any other trademarks I mentioned without realising are trademarks of their respective holders.